| Let’s come together, empower ourselves, and find our voice for change! Critical to empowerment is knowing what battles are being fought and what existing infrastructure we can tap. Take a Stand is a big step in that direction. Come find out what actions are being taken and how you can join the causes that matter the most to YOU!
Share on Facebook!
Schedule: 5:30pm — Registration 5:45pm — Opening Remarks by Bob Rossi 6:00pm — Keynote: Laura Ornstein, The Role of our County in State Politics 6:20pm — Local Updates, Actions, Q&A (10 minutes each)
- Jan Quarles & Michael Dineen, We Are Seneca Lake
- Irene Weiser, Cayuga Power Plant Proposal
- Gay Nicholson, PSC’s Shared Renewables Proposal
- Pete Meyers, Tompkins County Living Wage Policy Proposal
7:00pm — OPTIONAL — Stay for group activities led by the event speakers to dive deeper and amplify your impact!
Our Keynote Speaker
Laura Ornstein NYS Sustainable Business Council (NYSSBC) A tireless policy advocate at the local, county, and state level, Laura’s passion is rooted in energy and food-related issues. Laura has lived in five counties across New York and is constantly connecting with new business communities throughout the State. Laura will speak about the special significance of Ithaca and Tompkins County in the State level political landscape. Laura will review state and federal policy actions underway including specific steps for our community such as…
- Business letter to Senator O’Mara in favor of Child Safe Products Act
- Business letter to Senator O’Mara opposing drilling waste disposal
- Business sign on for endorsing toxic chemical reform in NYS
- Business letter to President Obama on rethinking national fracking policies
- Business sign on opposing fast-tracking the Trans Pacific Partnership