- Speaker Presentations
- Richard Eidlin, American Sustainable Business Council
- Stephan Edel, NY Renews
- Open Discussion & Feedback
- Networking at in-person gatherings
The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) is our nation’s leading business advocacy group working to implement public policies that build a sustainable economy. While advocating for a national carbon tax, ASBC continues to partner with business organizations like NYSSBC on parallel state-level legislative efforts.
NY Renews is a statewide climate / jobs / justice coalition with more than 100 organization members. Their proposed “polluter penalty / just transition” legislation would create a fund to support initiatives to help businesses transition to renewables, support workers displaced by the transition, and protect businesses and communities that have been most impacted by the burning of fossil fuels and climate-change-related extreme weather events. This “Build the Future” fund would be financed in part by an escalating fee on pollution, or a polluter penalty.
Goals for this gathering
- Gather input from independent New York State business leaders on the NY Renews policy proposal
- Engage around the idea of legislating a price on pollution to help pay for a just transition to a sustainable economy in New York
- Connect with like-minded businesses both locally and across the State
We hope you can join us in person or online.
Please forward this invite or share on facebook or twitter below.
We look forward to your participation on June 6th!